In order to understand how my cartoon could be distributed I had to do a research on diverse cartoon companies and decide how I can pass around my animation.
Of course, I have firstly noticed huge conglomerator companies, such as Pixar, DreamWorks Animation, Framestore, Cartoon Network Studios, etc. (https://www.gamedesigning.org/animation-companies/)
But I think, the level of my animation is not high enough to be distributed in these professional companies. Therefore, I did a research on other companies that also create and sell cartoons, but on a smaller scale.
I have focused on companies in the UK because I think that my animation could reach wider audience if it would be presented from this country as England is a very multicultural and developed place.
So, these companies popped up:
- Seed animation studio http://www.seedanimation.com/animation
- WONKY http://wonkyfilms.com/animation/
- Blue Zoo https://www.blue-zoo.co.uk
- Studio Aka https://studioaka.co.uk
- Fettle http://fettleanimation.com/our-work/
- Jellyfish http://jellyfishpictures.co.uk/about/
- Darkside studios http://www.darksidestudios.uk/work/
- DragonFly https://www.dragonfly.co.uk/animated-video-services/
- Fudge http://www.fudgeanimation.com/work/
Some of them did more of 3D animation, while others utilised 2D approach in their animations. I liked Fettle and Fudge companies in particular, because they utilise a similar style that I have used in my animation.
I think, it would be nice if my cartoon could be distributed from one of these companies because they are not as huge, yet have a nice, appealing 2D style.